Tweets

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So I got a comment

I got a comment on my Monday Musing for this week. I am the first one to admit that these Monday Musings are by no means doctrinal dissertations. Just my thoughts on a few things that matter to me. I will always do my best to represent accurately anything I say, but when it comes right down to it. These are my reflections on my beliefs.

But the comment the gentleman made was enough to get me out to his site and see what he had to say. I commented on one of his blog posts where it seems to me he was trying to point out the evil of tithing. I give my response below
Umm...what about a church that doesn't have a paid ministry? The tithes in the LDS church are used almost entirely for building new churches or other buildings of worship, printing materials provided free to those interested, and to pay the salary of a very limited full time employees of the church. Another portion is used to maintain the church functions and some is invested to provide ongoing support to the church. You commented on my blog that I was an extortionist and say that Christ did away with the Old Covenant by dying on the cross, but Peter, Paul and the rest of the Apostles tithed the believers. Tithing is for me a way to show my commitment to God and his kingdom and a not only good place to start, but a good end.

No comments: