Tweets

Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Musings: The sacredness of the Sacrament

I feel bad that this blog has become mostly a place for me to take notes on how I felt on Sunday.  I originally wanted to be more personal with this blog....hmmmm well.  I will work on it.

I did want to make sure I got my weekly post in though.

Yesterday, I was asked to usher in the LDS Ward I attend.  My family and I attend a Spanish Speaking Ward (or congregation) in our area.  My wife was tired and one of the kids was sick so I ended up going on my own.  I got there early to fulfill my ushering duties.  It was really good and the responsibility I had to say hello, help folks find seats and to shut the doors while the sacrament was passed just really came together for a great day and experience.  I have been commenting a bunch on Goodreads about the existence of God and it has turned into a God vs. Science debate.  Yesterday reconfirmed to me something I had said on Goodreads.  Both Science and Religion make me a more fulfilled person.

No comments: