Tweets

Monday, April 6, 2009

The Second Sabbath


In Luke 6:1 Reference is made to the second sabbath after the first I was taught that during this time, the Jews would count seven sabbaths and on the seventh sabbath it was a double sabbath. This reference to the second sabbath after the first was a referring to this practice.

Now, today as I was looking for references to this, I will be honest, I couldn't find it. I will look some more, but the reference has always stuck in my mind especially the first week in April and the first week in October. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints schedules their annual and semi-annual conference during these times. It gives me two days, a second sabbath after the first to reflect on who I am, what my purpose in this world is and what I can do to help others. I love this conference time and am grateful that there is a loving God who has provided for us a wonderful world for us and our Savior that helps us return to him if we will but trust in him.

This conference was particularly fun and I enjoyed it very much.

President Dieter Uchtdorf spoke a few times, I love listening to him speak, not only because he really teaches good principles to live by but because of he German accent it feels like the Terminator is teaching the gospel. "The Apostlenator" Sorry, is that bad

I also really enjoy hearing President Henry B. Eyring. If it is ok to have a favorite Apostle, then he would be mine.

If you want to know more you can check out the archives:
http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,49-1-1032,00.html

No comments: