Tweets

Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday musings

Yesterday at church we talked about character. We were discussing the Teachings of Lorenzo Snow chapter 8. There was one thought in the chapter that really stood out to me. It was that Christ desires a relationship with us, that he wants to see our success:

The Lord wishes to establish a closer and more intimate relationship between Himself and us; He wishes to elevate us in the scale of being and intelligence, and this can only be done through the medium of the everlasting Gospel which is specially prepared for this purpose.

It has taken me most of my life to understand this. To recognize that God and Universe really do want us to be happy. We are not here to suffer without relief. There should be joy, joy in our day to day lives. There are constant challenges and obstacles to our happiness, but when we do our best to find joy in our lives we usually can. Elder Eyring and others have encouraged us to make a gratitude journal and my wife is working on one now. I think it's high time I start that too.

No comments: