Tweets

Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Musings: The Rebellion becomes the Tyranny

Vanessa and I were reading up on her Spanish class yesterday.  She is learning about the Inquisition which I have to admit brings up memories of "The History of the World: Part I" with Mel Brooks which is a terrible rated 'R' and no one should ever watch it even if it is hilarious.

Anyway since these Monday Musings are some of my thoughts about God, Religion and goodness I don't really want to focus on the movie with the vulgar humor.

What Vanessa and I were talking about was the fact that anytime there is a rebellion against tyranny that rebellion eventually becomes the tyranny.  The pattern that you see is that a small group of people try to throw of the yoke of burdensome rules, regulations, customs, and traditions and what eventually happens is that rebellion gets more and more followers and in order to manage the organization rules, traditions, regulations, and customs develop and in order to maintain the traditions and beliefs of the rebellion they must become the tyrants who purge out the heretics.  Interesting huh?

No comments: