Tweets

Friday, September 5, 2008

OK! wow two posts in a day.  But I simply had to write about this.  While we were at Barnes and Noble yesterday I noticed again something I had seen and thought about before.  Niche marketing.  If you take a look at the photos you can see just how far niche marketing has gone. A couple of fun titles were: Gothic Beauty, and Vogue Knitting which I thought really should have been put closer together since those two niches are so similar. 
The other thing I found highly ironic was the several magazines about marijuana.  How exactly is that legal?  Can you really sell an entire magazine that does nothing but advertise an illegal activity?  I mean it even shows photos of people illegally using marijuana.  Anyway I have to get back to my reading.  My copy of Professional Shoe lacing quarterly just arrived and there is a new article about alternative lacing materials that I just have to read.

No comments: