Tweets

Friday, November 6, 2009

C-Forum

I attended C-Forum today and learned a lot about Promethean Boards and a little about the new my.uen blog tool. I learned the blog tool because I took notes with it.

here's my post:
Today we have been learning all about the benefits of the Promethean Interactive whiteboards. There are some very useful tools and I have seen some people create some truly interactive and exceptional, but I still have one problem with them. This isn't just with Promethean, but with all whiteboards. I think they deflect funds and focus away from one to one computing with the emphasis on generative learning, to a center stage with an emphasis on compliant learning.

Now, I don't want to take away from the good things that are done with them, I just feel that the nature of the tool places the emphasis on the front of the room and having everyone come to the same conclusions.

No comments: