Tweets

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall leaves

Today was the day I chose to get caught up on the fall yard work. I figured it was going to be the last day I would be able to get much done before it got too cold, too wet and too snowy to work. I really did get a lot done. I have been borrowing a neighbors garden spot to supplement my own. We planted 'taters and corn this year. This will be the last year I will be able to do that since the neighbor passed away and his children will be selling the home. He was in 89 years old when he passed away and I lived next door for 4 years. Oddly enough he was killed in an auto accident. I will really miss him. Seeing him out working his garden better than I could my one row of it was amazing. I think this will be my last year for gardens for awhile. My job now has me too busy during the summer months to keep up with it. It's one of the things I really miss about being a classroom teacher. Having solid time in the summer to work on the yard.

No comments: