Tweets

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Sunday Dinner is a big deal around this house. Every week on Saturday Mom asks me. So... What do you want to eat tomorrow? Then begins the pomp. We travel out to the store to buy a cut of meat that will work. Choose our style of potatoes ( I was raised in Idaho it isn't dinner if there aren't potatoes) and then scramble our brains for a vegatables and invariably decide on green beans.

This week! Pork Spare Ribs, Baked Potatoes and green beans! It's fun though because making Sunday Dinner an event is very important to my mom and know she's teaching my kids how to set a table properly and eat with manners. If it weren't for her I am afraid my wife and I and our insanely busy schedule would be teaching the kids that a nice dinner is one where you have an actual paper plate instead of just a paper towel to hold your pizza.

I'll sure be glad though when my wonderful wife will be done with school and may have time to cook full on Dominican meals again! Pernil, arroz con habichuelas y tostones!

No comments: