Tweets

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NABLOPOMO Day 3: Elections

Today is election day. I didn't make it. I spent the evening helping my two sons and my wife catch up on homework. I really wanted to vote to. We have an election that matters to me. It's just a local election but I really wanted to cast my vote. Not because I felt strongly that one candidate should win but rather that I felt strongly that neither candidate should even be considered.

The problem with local elections is that it's possible to really know the candidates and to know how their opinions, ideas, and abilities will affect the community.

In this case I didn't feel like it was a matter of choosing between the lesser of two evils, but rather the lesser of two idiots. I know these two candidates and feel that realistically we would be better of with neither of them.

Wish I could have voted. I would have wrote in a candidate worthy of the position.

No comments: