Tweets

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm a PC???

Ok, PC stand for Personal Computer, whether that is a Mac, Dell, HP, Acer, Commodore 64 or a TI-80.  PC stands for Personal Computer, it may not be politically correct, but that is what it the initials mean.  I use a Mac now, but I was a proud Microserf for years.  In fact I prided myself on adopting the Microsoft Technology.  I had a conflicted relationship with them because of their market dominance, but I actually like their products and they work, despite complaints about them their products actually are pretty darn good and they respond pretty well to the consumers.

The Mac vs. PC commercials made me laugh and I really wanted to get a Mac even though I hadn't used one since the late 80's in high school.  I do find it supremely ironic though that the commercials avoid a direct attack on Windows, by referring to the stodgy out of touch computer as a PC, but wait.... the Mac is a PC.  Remember! PC stands for Personal Computer no matter whether it runs Mac OS, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux or some other operating system.

Even though I liked Apple's ideas and products I found that when I went out to buy my first real mp3 player, it made more sense not to buy an iPod because I found one with better features for a lower price that was compatible with more formats.  So for a time I was an unbaptized convert to the Church of Mac, but now having joined the congregation, I find I am a heretic, and a blasphemer because I want my Windows back.

Now, (three years after Apple launched the Mac vs. PC campaign) Microsoft is fighting back with "I'm a PC"  So apparently this is supposed to inspire me to admit I like Microsoft.  Cause everyone wants to dress up like characters from TRON.  Uh Oh, I just revealed myself cause no one but a PC would know that this guy is dressed as a TRON character.  Oh well.

No comments: