Tweets

Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Musings: Cafeteria Religion?

I have heard this phrase bandied about in one way or another for years.  I have heard people say too that the Gospel is not a Smorgasbord.  Zealous people generally speak of following all of God's words.  This becomes very complex and requires a level of faith I am not sure I yet have.  I recently listened to a TED talk regarding this and this individuals opinion was ultimately the opposite, that we should take a cafeteria approach to religion and that we must pick and choose what parts of the Bible we follow.

I am troubled a lot by this myself being faithful and honestly believing that I should be willing to follow all that God asks me to do and being a skeptic and regularly analyzing the world around me as critically as I know how.

No comments: