Tweets

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Eat or Not to Eat (A response to Oh, Honestly

My fellow blogger was asking about kids eating habits, and wonders just how picky they are.

You can see her post here. But I have to say, her kid sounds pretty normal. My little boy goes home everyday after kindergarten to spend the afternoon with Grandma. Every day he wants to eat "grilled cheese sandwiches" He hasn't had anything else for lunch for weeks. Last night though, he got hungry for dinner, on the menu:
  • Rice and Black beans (Dominican Style cooked together)
  • Pollo guisado (Chicken stewed with tomato sauce)
  • A slice of leftover pizza.
Pretty good meal for a 5 year old.

By way of other humorous comments from kids, during dinner little boy had to tell me: Dad, today I saw a yellow slug bug, but I was alone, so I hit myself.

I guess, I really should not have taught them that game.

image from : http://www.flickr.com/photos/lowcola/

No comments: